My wife bought me a pair of Rockport's Balabour leather slip ons. I liked them so much, I opted to use them only in my home as slippers. I treated them royally and they never saw a pavement! A little more than a year later, I noticed deterioration of the lining at the inside top of the heel. It wasn't long afterward that gray sponge was exposed. We called Rockport, spoke to a gentleman who referred us to an 800 number. The recording instructed us to return the shoe to the retail store where it was purchased since Rockport had made arrangements with the retailer to adjust returns.
The retailer told us my shoes couldn't be repaired and the only thing we were entitled to was a $20 store credit towards another pair of shoes. Shoes that were worn strictly indoors and for a short period of time each day; that cost $100; had inferior or defective linings that didn't hold up.
I would also like to add that these shoes were made in China not the U.S.
Rockport's resolution process is also inferior or defective as I have learned not only by all the complaints but also first hand. I won't purchase another Rockport product nor would I ever recommend their products to anyone.
I've enclosed pictures showing the great condition of the shoes and the failed lining inside the shoes.
More Review Details
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Fasionmia.com amazing! you can trust. they sale all type of fashion dress. and very reasonable prices, Some Item is very cheap ,you can not believe. First time i ordered clothes..."
- "Bought these boots maybe a year or so ago. Wore once in Dec 2014 to plow snow on tractor. Noticed black powder on floor, thought it was dirt. Today..."
- "I ordered my dress and it came a few days before expected. I was super excited but when i opened the package my heart broke into pieces. The picture was..."
- "Drive With Pride - August 2016 Mini Cooper 2010- Had Check Engine light come on when driving vehicle home. Tried to return car, as stated below “72” hour buy back..."
- "My husband went to CVS and purchased a MoneyPak by Greendot card and loaded $400. He came home and follow instructions to activate his prepaid card with the $400 online...."
- "Moss and Company abuses little old lady's and disabled people. Moss and company sues little old lady for reviewing her experience on yelp. The harassment Moss and Company and James..."
- "For Silvrton Dunkin in Toms River, NJ!!! Shamefull. Sometimes in morning I have coffee and it make me more awake and able to drive to work! Last week my cat..."
- "Last week, I sent in to Ecyclebest my Verizon Wireless Droid DNA, which was in perfect condition. I was quoted $117 for the phone, if it were in good condition...."
- "I ordered two packages of post it notes, white out and a package of index cards. Look at the picture to view how they arrived! Yes all in the..."