Rockport's poor quality shoes.

6 of 26 Rockport reviews

My wife bought me a pair of Rockport's Balabour leather slip ons. I liked them so much, I opted to use them only in my home as slippers. I treated them royally and they never saw a pavement! A little more than a year later, I noticed deterioration of the lining at the inside top of the heel. It wasn't long afterward that gray sponge was exposed. We called Rockport, spoke to a gentleman who referred us to an 800 number. The recording instructed us to return the shoe to the retail store where it was purchased since Rockport had made arrangements with the retailer to adjust returns.

The retailer told us my shoes couldn't be repaired and the only thing we were entitled to was a $20 store credit towards another pair of shoes. Shoes that were worn strictly indoors and for a short period of time each day; that cost $100; had inferior or defective linings that didn't hold up.

I would also like to add that these shoes were made in China not the U.S.

Rockport's resolution process is also inferior or defective as I have learned not only by all the complaints but also first hand. I won't purchase another Rockport product nor would I ever recommend their products to anyone.

I've enclosed pictures showing the great condition of the shoes and the failed lining inside the shoes.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Bad quality
Product or service
Review category
Footwear and Clothing
review #863301

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Rockport? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
6 of 26 Rockport reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Rockport. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Rockport.
Filing a new complaint about
×