My wife bought me a pair of Rockport's Balabour leather slip ons. I liked them so much, I opted to use them only in my home as slippers. I treated them royally and they never saw a pavement! A little more than a year later, I noticed deterioration of the lining at the inside top of the heel. It wasn't long afterward that gray sponge was exposed. We called Rockport, spoke to a gentleman who referred us to an 800 number. The recording instructed us to return the shoe to the retail store where it was purchased since Rockport had made arrangements with the retailer to adjust returns.
The retailer told us my shoes couldn't be repaired and the only thing we were entitled to was a $20 store credit towards another pair of shoes. Shoes that were worn strictly indoors and for a short period of time each day; that cost $100; had inferior or defective linings that didn't hold up.
I would also like to add that these shoes were made in China not the U.S.
Rockport's resolution process is also inferior or defective as I have learned not only by all the complaints but also first hand. I won't purchase another Rockport product nor would I ever recommend their products to anyone.
I've enclosed pictures showing the great condition of the shoes and the failed lining inside the shoes.
More Review Details
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I purchased a Gucci bag through bag barrow or steal. the price was about $2000 listed at around $850 which as 30% discount. When I received the bag I..."
- "I should have know better, but I didn't realize it was coming from china, my husband and I are renewing our vows on valentines day which is our anniversary. I..."
- "DO NOT EVER BUY ANYTHING FROM Modlily. They listed a sweatshirt on their website for $90 original price as being on sale for $15. I thought it looked really warm..."
- "I recewntly purchased a scooter from this same company, and no I don't work for them. I am a Michigan resident and am very pleased with my purchase. No problems..."
- "I ordered some furniture from Bob's and caught the delivery driver trying to hide some damage. after talking to customer care she stated they would send a tech to repair..."
- "Last week, I sent in to Ecyclebest my Verizon Wireless Droid DNA, which was in perfect condition. I was quoted $117 for the phone, if it were in good condition...."
- "My girlfriend and I checked into the Comfort Inn in Mt. Airy, N.C., only to find bed bugs in the room. With nowhere else to go, we were put..."
- "I signed with Verizon because of their reputation and their service. Then I was abruptly shoved over to Frontier, who doesn't give me the 75/75 internet service and I have..."
- "Purchased a Super Start Powersport battery from Oreilly Auto and got ripped by Oreilly's. When I first 'unwrapped' the battery when I got home, the battery case was a very tight..."